I wanted to inform everyone of a recent change in our departure timeline. And before anyone loses their cool, no we’re not leaving drastically earlier or later than anticipated.
After talking over the IMB’s sending timeframe with the Mozambique staff’s receiving timeframe, we are altering our previous April departure date for Richmond to July 2016. Our dear trainers in Mozambique get the privilege of watching their son graduate seminary and visiting with family for a few months so we are happy to have a few more months of preparations while they visit and return to Mozambique.
This delay in orientation and departure will NOT delay our board vote on January 19 and our February 23 commissioning.
[Now I’d like to take an aside to remind you that despite our strong candidate status, the board is voting, people, to delegate some of the 2016 year funds to our departure and salaries. So, again, if the board says “no”, we no go with the following plans. 😉 So please do know that we’re not trying to be arrogant in any way here in this process. We will be praying for January 19th big time, and hope you all will join us as well. But we have been given the green light to speak openly about our candidacy and our unofficial timeframe.]
In the meantime, this few month delay is actually quite a nice blessing in allowing us to:
- Finish the homeschool year at a gentler pace.
- Have more time to visit with friends and family.
- Have more time to visit with neighboring churches we have been blessed to partner with in the past.
- Rally more prayer support.
- Be ambassadors for Christ and encouragers of others’ mission-mindedness here on State soil.
- Celebrate Matt’s 10 year anniversary with the church.
- Enjoy the full Awanas year.
- Participate in VBS this year.
- Gather more supplies in preparation of moving across the world.
- Celebrate almost all of our kids’ birthdays for the last time for a while Stateside.
We are BEYOND ecstatic as things are coming more into fruition regarding God’s purpose for our family and are BEYOND thankful for your continued love, prayers and support.
God is good, all the time. And all the time, God IS Good!!!