Well many things have happened since we last spoke, dear Readers. You’ll be seeing more entries popping up again. Summer is winding down to the last little lull of revamping before the school year begins. Things are returning to schedule and routine, which is lovely for this planner of a Mommy.
Since we last spoke:
- Matt and I took the girls on a 3 day trip away and a 1 day “just us” return.
- The boys had a MARVELOUS time at respite (staying at another foster home – sort of like babysitting) while we were away and were spoiled as well.
- It sort of fell into our laps to have the possibility of enrolling Big Guy in Christian private school (with Mom giving the okay) and we’ve been riding the county and scraping together everything needed for enrolment since pre-registration. [Sidenote: Dude, enrolling a kid in school is intense PLUS the whole “you can’t sign for anything” side of foster care!]
- We’ve all managed to catch a high-fever bug and pass it amongst ourselves, with the exclusion of Matt and myself.
- Had an awesome playdate with an old high school friend and her two sweet boys.
- Attended another good ol’ foster care license upkeep trainings. WOOT! (NOT!)
- Had a girls morning out to Ikea with my lovelies, a friend and her little girl.
- Played way too much of this online facebook game…. I’d tell you the name, but then you’d play too.
- Took the masses out to a few traveling playgrounds in the area for fun-packed outdoor play that produced strong napping tendencies.
- And signed MY oldest up for ballet – tear. I’m working through letting go, people… but I still have until she moves out for college.
- Oh and my dear Rachael also started Piano Lessons with our dear organ/piano player, Ms. Betty. So that’s been quite fun to sit down for 30 minutes a day and help her practice as well as watch her build in confidence in her mastery of beginning music skills.
So that’s us lately… hence the reason for the silence in blogville.
But I’m getting it back together, people. =)