Wanna know something cool?
9 weeks to go. And looking at the calender this afternoon I realized the following things are happening before the baby comes:
- This weekend (Nov 14-16) youth retreat – Discipleship Now
- Following weekend (Nov 22) – hang out with mom and jes and make Christmas decorations
- Nov 23 – church baby shower
- Nov 25 – childbirth classes begin
- Then – Thanksgiving in Michigan and NFL hall of fame
- Next weekend (Dec 6) – celebrate Mom’s b-day and Cinci baby shower
- Wednesday Dec 10 – welcome our nephew to the world.
- Next weekend (Dec 12-13) – live nativity scene
- Dec 16 – Childbirth classes end
- Next weekend (Dec 20) – FREE!
- Dec 21 – last dog training class.
- Next weekend – Christmas
- New Years – no work (we probably won’t even stay up til midnight on the Eve)
- Next weekend (Jan 3) – FREE!
- Next weekend (Jan 9-11) – my due date.
That’s right, friends, totally cool! And just think how quickly that all will fly and yet how much joy and laughter will be had over the next 9 weeks prior to the start of parenthood for Matt and me. Granted, baby could pop up any time to add to the festivities, but we’re hoping to make it to January (or at least I’m hoping because Matt thought it’d be cool to have a Christmas baby). But for once, little one, don’t listen to your father.
Alrighty, back to what I do best…
eating a snack.